The registrations and licenses that are compulsory to start a PVC pipe manufacturing industry are:-
- The first step is to get the business entity registered. It can be done in the form of LLP registration, Partnership firm or if you are looking for a more corporate structure, go for Company Registration.
- Obtaining Trade license from the local municipal body. This is mandatory to be granted by the local body to regulate the trade and ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Factory license – under the Factory Act 1948, the Chief Inspectorate of Factories in the area specified for the new factory set-up issues this license. Before building the factory the occupational certificate or plot allotment letter from the Industries Department is required to start the construction.
- GST registration is required for businesses so that the taxes can be collected from the customers and pass on the credit of the taxes; the business can claim the input tax credit and there is smooth processing of input tax credit from suppliers and vendors.
- Udyog Aadhaar MSME: Udyog Aadhaar is required to register the business as an MSME. There are lots of benefits to possessing the Udyog Aadhaar. Starting from subsidies and reduced rate of interest, the business is able to get disputes resolved faster, collateral-free loans from the banks; reimbursement of a payment made for ISO certification, eligible for IPS subsidy, 50% subsidy for patent registration and lots more.
- No objection certification from the State Pollution control board
- BIS certification – for all domestic manufacturers of PVC pipes, especially that is related to household electrical goods, it is essential to apply for BIS Certification from the Bureau of Indian Standards. The applicant needs to submit an application with the fees at the nearest BIS office. In the next step, an evaluation of the factory is carried out by a BIS officer. The product samples are tested in the factory and provided the samples to pass the test, the license is granted within a period of time.
- Trademark Registration for the company logo is authorized by the Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks, under the Ministry of Commerce and It allows the business owner or the trademark owner the right to sue other parties when infringements occur.
- Ministry of environment and forests sets standard for use of lead in PVC Pipes (https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/ministry-of-environment-and-forests-sets-standards-for-use-of-lead-in-pvc-pipes/article29530169.ece)