Customer segments of Indian Credit Rating industry can be divided as:
1. Industry – Finance, Infra, Manufacturing, Oil, etc
2. On the basis of Issuer – Private Companies, Public Companies, Corporate & SME, REITs, INVITs.
Factors that indicate a healthy growth in the Exchange industry are
1. Increase in number of listed companies
2. Shift from physical assets to financial assets (eg. mutual funds)
3. Increase retail participation
4. Govt approval for EPFO to invest in equity market
5. Growth of data related business
6. Development of corporate bond market
7. Development of International Exchange
AMC Industry in India is regulated by SEBI under SEBI(Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996. All the rules, regulations and actions for AMCs are monitored by SEBI. To operate in the space, adequate license needs to be obtained from SEBI. SEBI operates with the purpose of safeguarding investor interests.