Major Trends in AMC industry in India are-
1. Impact of Demonetization – Catalyst for Financial Assets.
2. Continuous Rise in Participation through SIPs
3. Rise in Share of Financial Assets against physical assets.
4. Shift from Distributor to Direct Channel
5. ESG Funds starting to enter market.
6. Passive Funds and ETFs gaining market share
7. Rise of Individual Investors in AUM.
8. Bank backed AMCs gaining AUM.
Different Disruptive Forces to Traditional Credit Rating Models are –
1. Scenario Planning Methods over outright ratings.
2. Market- Based Methods.
3. Fundamental Analysis of Creditors using consensus models.
4. Third Party Ratings other than typical CRA.
5. Use of new technologies like Blockchain to ascertain credit worthiness.
Factors that indicate a healthy growth in the Exchange industry are
1. Increase in number of listed companies
2. Shift from physical assets to financial assets (eg. mutual funds)
3. Increase retail participation
4. Govt approval for EPFO to invest in equity market
5. Growth of data related business
6. Development of corporate bond market
7. Development of International Exchange