Customer Segments in the tiles industry in India can be classified on the basis of:
1. Purpose – residential, commercial, replacement
2. Geography – rural, urban
3. Income Group – LIG, MIG, HIG.
4. Distribution channel – traditional retail, organised retail, ecommerce
5. City/state wise – Top 8 cities, other cities
Factors that indicate a healthy growth in the Exchange industry are
1. Increase in number of listed companies
2. Shift from physical assets to financial assets (eg. mutual funds)
3. Increase retail participation
4. Govt approval for EPFO to invest in equity market
5. Growth of data related business
6. Development of corporate bond market
7. Development of International Exchange
AMC Industry in India is regulated by SEBI under SEBI(Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996. All the rules, regulations and actions for AMCs are monitored by SEBI. To operate in the space, adequate license needs to be obtained from SEBI. SEBI operates with the purpose of safeguarding investor interests.
Customer Segments for Exchange industry in India can be divided as –
1. Instrument type – cash, currency, bond, commodities and so on.
2. Different Participant types – Proprietary, Retail and Institutional Market Participants.
3. Sector wise Issuers – finance, infra, manufacturing etc