Tiles are available in various forms such as ceramic, granite, marble, limestone, porcelain and so on.
However, Ceramic tiles are the most commonly used tiles. These can be further classified on the basis of
1. Usage – roof tiles, wall times, floor tiles
2. Application – GVT, PVT etc
Customer Segments in the tiles industry in India can be classified on the basis of:
1. Purpose – residential, commercial, replacement
2. Geography – rural, urban
3. Income Group – LIG, MIG, HIG.
4. Distribution channel – traditional retail, organised retail, ecommerce
5. City/state wise – Top 8 cities, other cities