Demand for Express Logistics is directly related to the sectors that they are serving and the health of these sectors. So, demand is linked to –
1. Automobile and its parts
4. Apparel and Lifestyle
5. Industrial Equipment
On the supply side, the lead time for new supply in transportation is very low, however, in warehousing, it takes time.
Customer Segments for Express Logistics Industry can be divided as-
1. Type of Customer – B2B, B2C, C2C
2. Industry – Auto, Apparel, FMCG, Pharma etc.
3. Mode of Transport – Rail, Road, Air and Water
4. On the basis of location – Metro, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Rural
5. On the basis of Company Size – Corporate & SME