Major Trends that exist in QSR Industry-
1. Increase in the share of Organized Players post COVID19.
2. Increasing Participation from Online Travel Agents and Increase in Commissions charged by them.
3. Asset Light model gaining market share with Management and Franchised Contracts
4. Disruptive Models – Oyo, AirBnB, Hostels, Coliving gaining market share.
Major Trends in AMC industry in India are-
1. Impact of Demonetization – Catalyst for Financial Assets.
2. Continuous Rise in Participation through SIPs
3. Rise in Share of Financial Assets against physical assets.
4. Shift from Distributor to Direct Channel
5. ESG Funds starting to enter market.
6. Passive Funds and ETFs gaining market share
7. Rise of Individual Investors in AUM.
8. Bank backed AMCs gaining AUM.
Major Risks faced by the Industry includes –
1. Disruptive Business models gaining market share – Oyo, AirBnb, Hostels, Co-living.
2. Cyclical movements within the Industry.
3. Increased Competition within the Industry.
4. COVID related factors that may put many hotel companies out of business.
5. Risk of excessive debt on books.