Major Trends that exist in QSR Industry-
1. Increase in the share of Organized Players post COVID19.
2. Increasing Participation from Online Travel Agents and Increase in Commissions charged by them.
3. Asset Light model gaining market share with Management and Franchised Contracts
4. Disruptive Models – Oyo, AirBnB, Hostels, Coliving gaining market share.
Major Factors that contribute to growth of Hotel Industry in India are –
1. Expansion of Tourism
2. Government thrust on Tourism and initiatives around the same
3. Post-COVID travel bounceback.
4. Continuous reduction in Airfares and increase in accessibility over years.
5. Increased Investments in the Space.
Major Risks faced by the Industry includes –
1. Disruptive Business models gaining market share – Oyo, AirBnb, Hostels, Co-living.
2. Cyclical movements within the Industry.
3. Increased Competition within the Industry.
4. COVID related factors that may put many hotel companies out of business.
5. Risk of excessive debt on books.