Distributors and the Employees are main suppliers of the Industry. They possess moderate bargaining power each as none of them are organized. The amount of business they bring and reputation determines their Supplier Bargaining Power.
AMC Industry in India is regulated by SEBI under SEBI(Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996. All the rules, regulations and actions for AMCs are monitored by SEBI. To operate in the space, adequate license needs to be obtained from SEBI. SEBI operates with the purpose of safeguarding investor interests.
Variables for Success in the Industry
1. Reputation & relationship with existing clients
2. Adequate Product mix – Bonds (long-term, Short term, Commercial paper, Zero coupon bond, SME Ratings), BLR & other instruments (like Structured products)
3. De-risked business model (diversified into various geography, various related business etc and product lines.)
4. Deepening of bond markets (including bank credit growth) & pick up in corporate capex
1. Rise of Domestic QSR Food Chains
2. Rise in Off-premises consumption
3. Increase in Health Awareness amongst customers
4. Environmentally Aware consumption
5. Increased Focus on Hygiene and Safety
6. Ghost Kitchens on the rise
7. Rise in Fusion Food
8. Consolidation and Shutdowns in the Industry forced due to COVID19 impact
Major Risks in the Industry are –
1. Rise of Third Party Aggregator Apps
2. Rising Health Awareness among customers.
3. Lack of Organized Supply Chain
4. Risk from Master Franchise Owner
5. High fluctuation in Raw Material prices
6. Local Competition intensifying in the field.
7. New Retail Fomats coming up
Major regulations in the Indian Tiles Industry are as followings
1. Implementation of RERA to protect the interests of industry players
2. Reduced GST rates to augur demand for new houses
3. Unorganised industry shifting to natural gas due to regulatory requirements
4. Ban on use of coal gasifiers by NGT (National Green Tribunal)
5. Various government initiatives that boost the demand
6. Various licenses and clearances required for business commencement