1. Rise of Domestic QSR Food Chains
2. Rise in Off-premises consumption
3. Increase in Health Awareness amongst customers
4. Environmentally Aware consumption
5. Increased Focus on Hygiene and Safety
6. Ghost Kitchens on the rise
7. Rise in Fusion Food
8. Consolidation and Shutdowns in the Industry forced due to COVID19 impact
Different Phases in the Evolution of QSR in India are –
1. 1990s – Entered India in the 1990s and started challenging Indian organized restaurants who had early mover advantage.
2. 2000-2010 – Demand and Acceptability grew and Tier 2 cities and below also started accepting the QSR concept.
3. After 2010 – Entry of Regional players in the space and the space gaining acceptance pan India and growth being registered with New Age consumers.