For AMC, the market size is determined by AUM in the industry and the share of asset classes that the AUM is divided in. The same can be seen above.
Major Trends in AMC industry in India are-
1. Impact of Demonetization – Catalyst for Financial Assets.
2. Continuous Rise in Participation through SIPs
3. Rise in Share of Financial Assets against physical assets.
4. Shift from Distributor to Direct Channel
5. ESG Funds starting to enter market.
6. Passive Funds and ETFs gaining market share
7. Rise of Individual Investors in AUM.
8. Bank backed AMCs gaining AUM.
Customer Segments for Asset Management Industry in India can be divided on the basis of –
1. Investor Type – Retail, Corporate, Banks/Financial Institutions, FII/FPI and HNI.
2. Geography Wise – Top15 (T15) Cities and Below Top 15 (B15) cities
3. Income Level – On the basis of Average Income levels.
AMC Industry offers Asset Management services in multiple categories of assets. The broad categories are-
1. Liquid Fund/ Money Market Fund/ Floater Fund
2. Debt Oriented Schemes
3. Equity Oriented Schemes
4. Balance Scheme
The products under each category can also be seen.