- Rise of Domestic QSR Food Chains who are going National rather than being a regional player. Increased access to Finances in the space has led to increased competitive pressure on International Brands operating in India.
- Rise in Off- premises Consumption – Mainly prompted by COVID19 related consumption patterns and rise of Third Party Aggregators – Swiggy and Zomato, which has influences customer consumption habits.
- Increase in Nutrition and Health Related Awareness – Forcing QSR companies globally to consider and include ‘Health’ food options in their menu.
- Increase in Environmental- Conscious Consumption – Customers are taking note of Environmental footprint, their consumption is leaving behind and this is influencing the way QSR chains operate.
- Increased Focus on Hygiene and Safety – Due to Covid19 Impact.
- Ghost Kitchens on the rise which possess competitive threat for QSR Industry.
- Rise in Fusion Food – Foreign Ingredients being used in Indian Traditional Dishes.
- Traditional Packaging and Store Formats making way for new Packaging and also store packaging. Increased focus on convenience amongst customers.
- COVID19 aftermath on the industry is expected to be huge – Particularly unorganized players. Multiple chains being consolidated due to lack of demand due to COVID19 related impact.
Major Trends in QSR Industry in India –