Customer Segments in the tiles industry in India can be classified on the basis of:
1. Purpose – residential, commercial, replacement
2. Geography – rural, urban
3. Income Group – LIG, MIG, HIG.
4. Distribution channel – traditional retail, organised retail, ecommerce
5. City/state wise – Top 8 cities, other cities
Total food service market size = INR 4,236 Bn
Standalone (Licensed) market Size = INR 1,203 Bn
Chain market size = INR 398 Bn
Restaurants In Hotels = INR 116 Bn
Unorganised Market size = INR 2,519 Bn
Total QSR organised market size = INR 348 Bn
Chain market size = INR 188 Bn
Standalone market size = INR 160 Bn
Customer Segments for QSR can be divided on different basis –
1. On the basis of Location – Urban and Non-urban
2. On the basis of purpose – Travel, Leisure, Routine Consumption
3. On the basis of Age Group
4. On the Basis of Income Level
5. On the basis of Product Preferences
Key Activities to Operate in the Industry-
1. Site location evaluation and new store role-outs
2. Physical Infrastructure Management
3. New Product Roll-outs
4. Procurement Network
5. Cold Chain Logistics Network
6. Marketing and Engagement for In-store and Digital Traffic
Major Trends that exist in QSR Industry-
1. Increase in the share of Organized Players post COVID19.
2. Increasing Participation from Online Travel Agents and Increase in Commissions charged by them.
3. Asset Light model gaining market share with Management and Franchised Contracts
4. Disruptive Models – Oyo, AirBnB, Hostels, Coliving gaining market share.